SIP messaging failure causes authetication failure
I'm aware that this could be a ticket that could really be multiple ones, but I'm not sure what's causing this and it really feels like an uroboro.
I've an asterisk server running pjsip module to provide SIP calls and messages to vpn connected clients (no direct connections). I'm already successfully using it with other Android clients like linphone and zoiper but I'm finding issues with Jami.
- Jami version: Maloya - 20211004-01 (Play Store)
- Device model: Samsung Note 10+
- Android version: 11
How to reproduce:
- I setup my sip account in Jami -> authentication successful
- I call myself or others -> call works
- I try to send a message to myself or others -> no message is delivered, no sip packages are received on the server, app goes in "connection error" state.
- I try to call call me again -> 401 not authorized
- I try to enable and disable sip account -> 401 not authorized
- Open menu "Account > advanced > Local Interface" and re-select already selected option (tun0 in my case) -> back to step 2
There are alternative steps "6" to rollback to step 2, like enabling and disabling "Published same as local"