samsung galaxy j3 prime: Video and sound become choppy and call drops
Bug report form
Describe your environment
Please specify the following:
- Ring version: 20210315-01
- Device model: Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J327W)
- Android version: 8.1.0
- On the Samsung Galaxy J3: Play Store; on the other device: Tried with Play store (20210315-01) or jami-gnome built from the latest sources on GNU/Linux
Steps to reproduce
- Can you reproduce the bug: With one of my contacts though which is using a SM-J327W device, it always occur on her side (their Jami app crashes after a while). I couldn't reproduce using a SM-J320W8 (a different, but close model).
- Call Jami on a Samsung Galaxy J3 SM-J327W
- The call originally proceeds normally, with good video and audio and a decent framerate (~15 fps on both ends).
- After 2-5 minutes of call, the video and audio sent from the Galaxy J3 device becomes choppy, with the framerate dropping to near zero (0.09 fps) and eventually the call dropping.
- Actual result: The call drops after a while.
- Expected result: The video and audio should remain fluid, and the call should not drop even after a prolonged period of time.
The phone specs are available from https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-J3-Prime_id10506. It has the following processor and GPU:
- CPU: Quad-core, 1400 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 28 nm
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 1.5 GiB