Outgoing audio and video calls often fail
Jami: (GTK) 20200710.1.6bd18d2 (from official OS repository)
Daemon: Jami Daemon 9.3.0, by Savoir-faire Linux 2004-2019
OS: Guix System 681af17
Steps to reproduce bug
Assuming Jami has been already started:
- Click on a contact in the left pane
- Click on the video camera icon to place a video call or click the phone icon to place and audio call
What you expect to happen:
- I see a visual indicator that Jami is making the call
- The person I'm calling notices I'm calling and answers the call
- We can talk to each other
What happens instead:
A new pane opens, telling me the following information about the call, which seems fine to me:
CONTACT_AVATAR CONTACT_NAME CONTACT_USER_NAME Spinner spinning Searching Hang up icon
But this is unexpected:
- The pane disappears after a minute of displaying the same state: spinner spinning and the state "Searching".
- The messages history displays a new entry that says: Missed outgoing call
- My contact never notices I'm calling
- So we can't talk to each other
There is no
journalctl --since "24h ago" | grep dring in my system. It doesn't use
dring runs at user-level.
I'd be happy to provide additional information with some additional guidance.
I tried the same steps indicated above several times with two different contacts, both using Android clients:
OS: Android 5.1 and Android 9
Jami: 20201222-01 (from F-Droid)
Note that we can text to each other, although not without problems (see #1243 (closed)).