Camera occupied without active conversation
- OS: Kubuntu 20.04
- Jami version: 202106061341
- What build you are using: dl.jami.net/nightly/ubuntu_20.04
Steps to reproduce
I've noticed that as soon as I plug in my USB webcam, it is automatically occupied by Jami (if it is already running) and can't be used with other applications. I have to quit Jami to be able to use the webcam otherwise. By occupied I mean it is active in the sense of recording video.
- Can you reproduce the bug: at will
- Start Jami 2. Plug in USB webcam
- Actual result: Webcam becomes active and is blocked for other applications, it does not shut down on its own
- Expected result: Webcam should only be used when a video call is being started
Apart from this not being very useful, it is kind of creepy that Jami immediately starts "recording" video when it can. It does not happen if Jami is being started after the webcam is already plugged in, so i guess you won't see this on laptops but rather with pluggable USB cameras.