Messages seem to leak between two accounts on two devices
- I downloaded Jami "Live Free or Die" (2019-02 release I believe) on PureOS (Debian buster).
- I created an account and tried messaging a friend, who did not receive messages on his phone client.
- downloaded Jami with FDroid, the latest version, i created an account with the same username
- messaged my friend who did get the messages.
- i linked both accounts across both devices (trying to figure out which one was "me")
- my friend ended up receiving messages from two accounts, the first was just an ID
- it seemed like my phone had "actually" registered the username
- there were two distinct accounts, and i wanted to fix that
- i got the newest version of Jami for desktop, when i started it up, it pointed me at the second account, the one i made on the phone, and it had the username.
- I deleted the first one from my desktop client. it had an anonymous user name
- my friend and i exchanged messages
- i went back to my android device, and looked at it. no messages had been received
- i restarted Jami on android and received several messages at once
- i checked the account, and it was the anonymous account! but i'd been chatting with the one with a registered user name on the desktop client
unfortunately i deleted the anonymous (first) account from both devices and did not take any screenshots. i don't think the messages actually leaked between accounts, but possibly a display bug made it seem that way?
I'm sorry I never got a screenshot of receiving messages on the First account after chatting on the Second account on a different device.
Its possible this was just user error, but it seemed like there was some confusion between the two accounts and two devices, where I was receiving messages on both accounts. I've got it all sorted for myself, but thought this might be worth reporting.