Unable to update Ring account after Beta 2 upgrade
Issue generated from Tuleap's migration script. Originally submitted by: Nicolas Juneau (njuneau)
After the Beta 2 November release, I am unable to use my Ring account because the update process never ends.
Steps to reproduce
- Have a Ring account created using the Beta 1 Ring release
- Update the Ring client
- Open Ring (the account migration notification will pop up)
- Enter a password and confirm the password
- Update the account
A pop-up window showing "Updating account" will appear. Ring may be left opened for many hours (I left it open for a whole night), but the process will never end.
Closing Ring and re-opening it will trigger the account migration process (prompting for a new password).
Killing the Ring background process doesn't work.
The account settings can no longer be viewed and modified since the migration wizard always shows up.
If the update process takes longer than expected, an error or a warning should be shown to the user. Otherwise, account migration should work.
Also, the UI should let the user manage his/her account if the migration failed to work. Otherwise, he/she cannot post his/her settings in the bug report ;) .
* Phone : OnePlus X (ONE E1005)
* OS: Oxygen OS 3.1.3 (Android 6.0.1, not rooted)
* The Ring account was configured to use "turn.ring.cx" TURN server before the migration. However, I cannot validate if it's still the case (see "Suggested behaviour")
I do not have the Android logs, but if I ever get a hold of them, I'll post them here.