"Place system calls using Jami" option doesn't work
Bug report form
Describe your environment
Please specify the following:
- Ring version: 20190103 (F-Droid)
- Device model: HTC U-Play
- Android version: 6.0
- What build you are using: F-droid
Steps to reproduce
- Can you reproduce the bug: at will
- Configure SIP account
- Enable system calls option (Burger menu --> Settings --> Place system calls using Jami --> Enable)
- Visit some webpage with a phone number, e.g.: Browse to the bottom of the savoirfairelinux.com page
- Touch the phone number on the page to initiate a call. On my device, it launches the built-in phone app. This may be normal, as with the equivalent system call option of Linphone, the same happens.
- Attempt to place the call using (on my device, by touching the "CALL (Slot 1)" button).
- Actual result: Call is made using my mobile provider rather than being redirected to the Jami app.
- Expected result: The call should be made using Jami. Ideally the native phone app should not even be shown (this would be better than what Linphone does, but might be a limitation of Android).