SIP account status lying / failing to keep SIP account registered
- Ring version: 20190103 (F-Droid)
- Device model: HTC U-Play
- Android version: 6.0
- What build you are using: F-droid
Steps to reproduce
- Can you reproduce the bug: at will
- Configure and enable SIP account.
- In the account settings, under the advanced tab, observe the value of the "Registration Expire" option. Mine is set to 120 s, which seems aggressive enough.
- Monitor your registration with your SIP service. After a couple minutes of inactivity, the Jami device becomes unregistered, while the account status in Jami still shows "Online" / "REGISTERED".
- This happens even with the battery optimizations (Doze) disabled for Jami and also when enabling the "Run in background" option.
Expected: The registration should be renewed after the delay specified by the "Registration Expire" value, and the status of the account in Jami should reflect the actual status.