Add Layer of Encryption to all Local Jami Data
- Ring version: 2019-08-24-01
- Android version: 8.1 / LineageOS 15.1-20190228
- Jami-Version from F-droid
Android is known to have (had) a serious disk encryption flaw: https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/07/android-full-disk-encryption/ With many unpatched Android devices in the wild the current Jami version puts its user at risk.
- Actual result: Android devices opened up by attackers (e.g. border authorities) can betray Jami users because all local Jami data at rest is stored in quasi-plaintext.
- Expected result: All locally stored Jami data shall be protected by an extra layer of encryption.
This should be fixed to prevent similar risk in the future.