Contradictory Status Indication in Contact List
- Ring version: 2019-08-24-01, 20191122-01 (201)
- Device model: Samsung Tablet S2
- Android version: 8.1 / LineageOS 15.1-20190228
- Jami-Version from F-droid
Steps to reproduce
- Can you reproduce the bug: at will
- Have some currently on-line contacts in Jami "Home" (green circle shown) 2. Cut network connectivity.
- Actual result: A red indicator regarding missing network connectivity is shown at the top of the contact list. This is good but all on-line contacts remain in that state (green circle) even though Jami client cannot tell. This is contradictory. Unclear, if red indicator on top disappears when scrolling down a long contact list in this state.
- Expected result: The green circle shall reliably indicate if a contact is on-line. The scenario above may require a third/fourth state for the on-line-indictor: In addition to green-circle (contact on-line) and no-green-circle (contact off-line) we could have green-circle-with-question-mark (contact seen on-line prior to network cut) and sole question-mark (contact seen as off-line prior to network cut).