During account migration, previously used user name cannot be used
Issue generated from Tuleap's migration script. Originally submitted by: Nicolas Juneau (njuneau)
After an upgrade to the latest Ring snapshot (2017-01-20), an account migration dialog appears. In this dialog, the user must enter a password to encrypt the account and choose a user name. However, the user cannot choose the user name he/she had before the migration, forcing the user to either choose a new user name of skip the migration continually.
Steps to reproduce
- Have an old Ring account (a 2016 account should work)
- Upgrade Ring to version 2017-01-20
- Start Ring
- In the account migration wizard, enter a password (the wizard does not indicate whether the password must be new or if the old one must be used)
- Enter the account's user name as a the user name
Ring will indicate that the user name has been used and cannot be chosen. The user can skip this part of the migration and Ring's UI will appear. However, it is not clear whether the migration was indeed successful. Moreover, restarting Ring can cause the migration dialog to appear.
It is unclear if preventing the user from picking his old user name is intended behavior.
* Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
* Gentoo AMD64 (ring-overlay)