Is JACK supported?
Wikipedia states Ring's features include Jack Audio Connection Kit support. PulseAudio introduces additional latency which then results in sporadic buffer under/over runs ('xruns'). All I can see is the option for ALSA or PulseAudio for the audio manager's options.
I am using KXStudio's ALSA -> PulseAudio -> JACK (Plugin) bridge type via its Cadence application for non-JACK aware applications (eg: Google Chrome). SMPlayer & DeaDBeef audio player (w/ the JACK output plugin) has no issue connecting to JACK.
I was under the expectation it would be possible to create a source/sinks similar to how SMPlayer can be set up to use JACK. How one can use JACK w/ Ring?
- ring 20180615.1.f54593d~dfsg1-1
- jackd2 2:1.9.12-1~xenial1
- cadence 2:0.8.1+git20170711 (KXStudio)
- claudia 2:0.8.1+git20170711 (KXStudio)
- ladish 1+dfsg0-5ubuntu3
- pulseaudio 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.10+kxstudio1 (KXStudio)
- pulseaudio-module-jack 1:8.0-0ubuntu3.10+kxstudio1 (KXStudio)
- Elementary OS 0.41/"Loki" (Ubuntu 16.04.1 derivative), fully updated
- Linux machine 4.13.0-43-lowlatency #48~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu May 17 14:17:05 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Please advise if I can provide any further details. TIA.
(EDIT: added details about OS, PulseAudio usage & versions, JACK & PA apps in use.)