1080p, 1440p and 4K video issues on Android TV
Describe your environment:
Jami for Android TV didn't support the 1440p Quad HD quality option until it was added as per the #1103 (closed) request.
However, testing that new resolution doesn't seem to work, the preview window at the bottom right appears white and the video stream in the other party appears black.
I tested the other quality options (480p, 720p, 1080p) and they worked correctly, it's important to clarify that in order to make them work, I had to test them one by one by exiting the app, force stop it and then reopen it.
Please specify the following:
- Jami version: 20220906-01
- Device model: Mecool KM2 Plus.
- Android version: The device has Android 11, I'm not sure if this works correctly on previous Android versions.
- What build you are using: Play Store.
Steps to reproduce
Can you reproduce the bug: At will.
- Select the desired quality option by going to settings -> video resolution -> 1440p Quad HD. 2. Exit the app. 3. Go to android settings, look for the app and force stop it. 4. Go back to Jami. 5. Make a video call.
Actual result: The bottom right appears white and the video stream in the other party appears black.
Expected result: The bottom right should appears show a video preview and the video stream in the other party should output the video correctly.
The preview camera that appears at the bottom of the UI is constant and fluid but I assume it's in the 720p quality.